paper illustration

Leave a Comment
illustration detail 
 
 illustration detail 

 
 elements cut out of paper and scanned
 
Lately I'm drawn more and more towards cutting and assembling paper in my illustration work. Normally when making an illustration I would first draw every element by hand using fineliner or pencil and then put everything together on the computer. But since I started with the little portraits project - and got myself some pretty paper from my favorite shop Vlieger in Amsterda- paper is speaking to me ;-).

For a new commission for Maters Hermsen (a dutch company that publishes in-corporate magazine for a diverse range of clients) I made illustrations with only paper and computer. I started by cutting diverse elements that fit the theme (more about it later, it's not published yet so I cannot reveal all), scanned those and put everything togheter on the computer. As finishing touch I added a few pencil lines and structures.
I'm illustrating for 10 years now (oh my, it's an anniversary!) and over the years my style has evolved. Meanwhile, I can still make new things and surprise myself, hurray to that!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.